Comman Name : Sunflower
Latin Name : Helianthus annus
Sanskrit Name : Adityabhakta
- Sunflower seeds, and the oil that is pressed from them are the part of the plant used most often for food and medicine.
- Medicinally, seeds are diuretic, expectorant, and used for colds, coughs, throat, and lung ailments.
- Sunflower oil is suitable for culinary, dietary and cosmetic use.
- A blotting paper is made from the seed receptacles. A high quality writing paper is made from the inner stalk.
- The seed makes excellent chicken-food and feeding fowls on bruised Sunflower seeds is well known to increase their laying power.