Comman Name : Larger or Greater Cardamom, Nepal Cardamom
Latin Name : Amomum subulatum Zingiberaceae
Sanskrit Name : Aindri, Sthula ela, Brihatupakunchika, Badi-elaichi
- This is anti-oxidant, disease preventing and health promoting herbs.
- The therapeutic properties of cardamom-oil have been found application in many traditional medicines as antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, stomachic and tonic.
- It is used to treat and prevent sore throats.
- Black cardamom is used for stomach disorders and malaria.
- In combination with the seeds of melon, it is used as a diuretic for kidney stones.