Comman Name : Prickly Chaff Flower
Latin Name : Achyranthes aspera Linn. (Amaranthaceae)
Sanskrit Name : Apamarga, Latjira
- The whole plant, which is medicinal, contains an alkaline substance - specially "potash".
- Apamarga is pungent and bitter in taste and light, dry, sharp and hot in effect. It not only alleviates kapha and vata but purifies pitta also.
- It is a good source of potassium so it is also good for heart.
- Apamarga is very useful in digestive system disorders. It ignites the digestive fire and helps in proper digestion of foods.
- It also benefits a lot in skin diseases.